Delegates who currently work on the railway infrastructure who work in signalling and telecoms.
The individual must have a basic appreciation of electrical principals, mathematics and the Network Rail telecommunication infrastructure and some basic Signalling knowledge is desirable but not essential.
Practical and theory work plus assessment
The delegate(s) will be able to perform the following on successful completion of the course: -
- Explain to the current Network Rail standards
- Engineering specification associated with axle counters
- Maintenance adjustment, faulting, repair and testing activity may affect the safe operation of the railway
- Procedures for operational and personal safety to be maintained during the work
- How to avoid personal injury during work
- Design and function of axle counters under normal operating conditions
- Components and overall operation of the system. Terminology, identity and operational status
- Tools and equipment and calibration of the equipment.
- Maintenance authorization procedures and limits of responsibility and authority
- Equipment operating and care, control procedures applicable to axle counters
- Procedures to apply to take the equipment out of operational service, and back in to operational service (SMTH)
- Maintenance reporting documentation and control procedures
- Reporting lines and escalation procedures.
- Complete to current Network Rail standards: - Preventative and corrective Maintenance on the Axle Counter system Locate and rectify faults on the Axle Counter system Complete functional tests on the Frauscher Axle Counter system Follow SMS AX41 for Axle Counter wheel sensor set-up
The course is a 5-day course and consists of 12 Sessions (NWR approved)
- Welcome and introduction
- Ensuring operational and personal safety
- Why Axle Counters?
- The Frauscher Axle Counter FAdC system
- Outdoor equipment
- Indoor equipment
- Maintenance of FAdC Axle Counter
- Resetting and Restoration of an Axle Counter section
- Internal component replacement
- Faulting on FAdC Axle Counter system
- Practical Assessments
- Theory Assessments
I really enjoyed the course and the instructors were excellent in the way they put the course over. The facilities were excellent and the course was taught to a very high standard. - Neil Silcox