Delegates that wish to become a Blown Fibre contractor
Delegates who have had some basic cable handling experience and an appreciation of basic telecoms installation work.
Practical using a range of equipment and materials and theory work plus assessment.
The delegate(s) will be able to perform the following on successful completion of the course:
- Appreciate key components and products used in an air blown Fibre network
- Learn the importance of product bend radius.
- Learn what effect water and ice have on individual products and the air blown Fibre system
- Appreciate how blowing distance is determined.
- Various enclosures the types and where to use them in a network
- The components needed to connect the customer
- Deployment techniques
- How to extend blowing distance and the equipment needed
- Plan a maintenance repair
- Health and Safety in an industrial environment
- Tube Bundles – different types of tube bundles and identification of primary tubes
- Handling, deploying and testing of tube bundles
- Fibre bundles – stripping and handling techniques
- QWK Connect plug and Play system
- Blowing Equipment and operation
- Blowing techniques including Point to Point, Centre blowing and onward blowing
- Maintenance of the blowing equipment and changing blowing head to accommodate different Fibre sizes
- Choosing maximum blowing distances for certain tube and Fibre combinations
- Installation of approved enclosures (Emtelle)
I really enjoyed the course and the instructors were excellent in the way they put the course over. The facilities were excellent and the course was taught to a very high standard. - Neil Silcox